BMP (Europe) Ltd (Environmental Management System Implementation)
Accrington-based BMP Europe Ltd, three time winner of the Queens Award for Enterprise, is a global supplier / manufacturer of engineering components, sub systems, technical polyurethane mouldings, specialist components parts, light assemblies, remanufacturing services and consumables for a wide variety of industries including printing, electrical appliances, construction and renewable energies.
The organisation started to receive environment-related questions from existing clients and potential customers regarding its environmental performance and management of its environmental impacts. BMP Europe Ltd decided to implement an environmental management system (EMS) and obtain certification to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems Standard to demonstrate commitment to environmental issues; and ensure sound environmental credentials to meet client’s requirements.
Newground provided support in a number of ways:
- Undertaking an initial gap analysis to assess the sites’ environmental performance against ISO 14001 requirements;
- Undertaking a phased implementation approach of an EMS meeting the requirements of ISO 14001;
- Developing an environmental aspects register;
- Developing an environmental legal register using Newground’s Legislation Update Service;
- Providing accredited environmental awareness, waste management and internal auditing training for staff with EMS responsibilities;
- Delivering in-house environmental internal auditor conversion training for existing internal quality auditors; and
- Assisting with the development of required policies and procedures.
How we made a difference
BMP Europe Ltd now has ownership of a robust EMS which successfully obtained certification to ISO 14001. This helps to ensure the Company remains legally compliant and continues to reduce its environmental impacts.