FTSE 100 Postal Service Provider (Environmental Conference Management and Delivery)
The client wanted to celebrate the success of achieving certification to ISO 14001, reward those individuals who participated in the implementation, and educate a wider company audience on the new environmental management system. With over 100 delegates expected and the need to organise accommodation, conference facilities, environmental activities, transportation, external speakers and environmental workshops, our client decided to bring in the experts.
Newground’s approach and solution
Following the client’s brief, Newground took full responsibility for all arrangements, organisation and delivery of the conference. As a company with a wide range of skills in the environmental sector, Newground were able develop an interesting, stimulating and varied agenda for the 2-day conference and make all the delivery arrangements to ensure the event ran smoothly, and most importantly that the participants enjoyed their time at the event.
Newground representatives were present for the whole two days to ensure everything ran efficiently, all speakers and presenters appeared at their allotted time and all delegates knew where they should be and when.
Newground organised and delivered:
- Delegate invites and promotion of the event;
- Conference facilities;
- Refreshments and catering (on and off site);
- All external speakers;
- A tree planting session with the Woodlands Trust;
- The transportation of delegates to activities off site;
- The awards application process before the ceremony including the development of categories and application criteria;
- Independent award judging;
- Events management prior to and throughout the awards ceremony;
- A series of interactive environmental workshops;
- An electronic album of photographs for use after the event.
How we made a difference
As an experienced event organiser and environmental specialist, Newground developed and delivered a full bespoke conference package that met the objectives of the client. The conference received excellent feedback from all those who attended, with 100% satisfaction from the client and their delegates. More importantly, 98% of delegates believed that the conference had inspired and motivated them to take positive environmental action on their return to site. An environmental conference with a lasting legacy.