Clear and Clean Operative
Salary: £16, 835 p/annum, pro rata
Benefits: 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme. Health care package.
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th November 2018
Interview dates: Wednesday 5th December 2018
Hours: 37 hours per week / temporary till March
Newground is a Community Interest Company and a member of Together Housing Group, delivering professional business and landscape services, whilst also supporting communities in Lancashire, Yorkshire and Humberside. Newground Together is currently expanding its operations of the ReUse project and team. As such we have an excellent opportunity available for someone who wants to further their career with a successful social enterprise.
The role is based in Blackburn, Lancashire and will primarily be responsible to empty homes, clear them and cleaning of them on behalf of Newground, as well as undertaking collections & deliveries on behalf of Newground ReUse.
The key duties of a clear & clean team member, based in Blackburn, Lancashire will be:
- To carry out empty home property clearance / final clean tasks ensuring the duties are carried out in accordance with procedures and risk assessments.
- To undertake collections and deliveries within the daily activity of ReUse and to ensure that both delivery and collection activity is undertaken within a safe work environment
- To ensure all waste streams associated with clear and clean service are sorted and recycled appropriately
- To assist the clear and clean supervisor with daily tasks within the ReUse depots
- To ensure that all documentation is completed and delivered in a timely fashion to the administration team.
In order to complete this role, the ideal candidate will have the following key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of multi-drop deliveries in a warehouse/transport environment
- Experience of managing workloads to specific job lists and delivery notes accurately
- Experience of property clearance
- Experience of property cleaning
- An awareness of current issues and legislation regarding waste / recycling sector
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence is required.
Complete the online application form by clicking apply here or alternatively email your CV & a Covering Letter to email@example.com and please ensure you download a copy of the Job Description & ensure your CV matches the requirements of the role.
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.
Together Housing Group is an Investor in People organisation.