Sustainable Communities Project Officer
Location : Halifax
Salary: £22,081 p/annum
Benefits: 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme. Health care package.
Closing Date: Monday 6th August 2018
Interview dates: TBC
Hours: 37 hours p/week
Type: Temporary - December 2019
Newground CIC, a member of the Together Housing Group, is an award winning social enterprise, delivering professional products and services in a competitive marketplace and supporting the creation of sustainable communities. We are currently looking for a Community Employment Advisor to join our team, working out of Halifax. The key tenant of the role will be to work with members of various communities to address any barriers that prevent those members from gaining employment & to assist them in becoming work ready and finding successful employment.
The successful candidate could expect their day to day activities to consist of:
- Working to identify & then harness new local, regional and national initiatives that deliver new opportunities to access employment & training.
- Assist in the co-ordination of events to promote our employability offering.
- To actively recruit clients into the employability project, retain their engagement and to encourage them to participating in workshops, job clubs & 1:1s to raise aspirations, challenge them and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Promote the employability offering to other parts of the group, partner agencies & local businesses.
- Keep detailed records of referrals, advice, actions & outcomes.
The successful candidate would be required to have the following skills / training / experience:
- Experience of working with clients aged 16-65 years
- Evidence of working effectively with clients who suffer from multiple barriers preventing them from engaging and participating on short and long term interventions.
- Experience of problem solving, working on cases until completion & maintaining and managing a varied caseload.
- Experience of working with local delivery partners
- Understanding of the pressures and demands placed on people that are unemployed and from lower income backgrounds and being able to recognise the issues affecting people whom are out of work.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will require a full driving license with a vehicle insured for business purposes.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
This Post is funded by the European Social Fund from April 2012 until 31st December 2019. The continuation of the post after that date will be based on alternative funding and activities being identified.
To download a copy of the job description please click here.