Salary: £23, 723 p/a
Benefits: 27 days holiday (raising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays, attractive pension scheme, health care package, essential car user allowance
Closing date: Monday 11th December 2017
Interview Dates: Monday 18th December 2017
Full time: 37 hours per week
We are looking for an estimator with experience of landscape services to join our team based in Blackburn, Lancashire, working for Newground an award winning CIC, part of the Together Housing Group. We carry out a wide range of landscaping works throughout the North of England including but not limited to; play areas, park improvements, public realm work, housing estate improvements & countryside work. In addition there is also a bespoke design & build service.
This role is a newly formed post where the successful candidate will be working with the Landscape Services Director to secure tenders & commissions.
Your normal day to day duties may consist of;
1. Assisting the Directors with financial management of projects relating directly to landscape construction and environmental improvement services.
2. Completing defined tender documentation, including pricing up schedules of work & complete qualification questionnaires.
3. Preparing quotes for landscape work & environmental improvement services.
4. Helping to develop services and contributing to the overall divisional business plan including; budget pricing strategies, resource management as well as marketing & customer care.
5. Helping to secure new project work.
Your key existing experience & qualifications should consist of;
1. Experience in pricing up commercial tenders and preparing schedules of work & quotes for new construction projects.
2. Close monitoring of project spend against budget.
3. A working knowledge of material & construction specifications as well as standard methods of measurement.
4. A qualification in Quantity Surveying would be advantageous but is not essential to the role.
5. Due to the role requirements a full driving license is required as well as access to our own vehicle.
The post holder will be based primarily in Blackburn, Lancashire, with some travel required to other Newground sites (throughout the North of England). Benefits include 27 days holiday (raising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays, attractive pension scheme and health care package.
To download a copy of the full job description and person specification please click here.
To apply for the post, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com and quote REF: THG127