Health & Safety Officer
Salary: £21,542 pa
Benefits: 27 days holiday (raising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays, attractive pension scheme and health care package
Closing Date: Monday 11th December 2017
Interview dates: Thursday 21st December 2017
Full time: 37 hours per week
Newground CIC, a member of the Together Housing Group, is an award winning social enterprise, delivering professional products and services in a competitive marketplace and supporting the creation of sustainable communities.
The organisation is looking for an experienced Health & Safety Officer to implement the operational requirements of Newground’s occupational health and safety management system.
Day to day you will be required to;
1. To undertake a programme of environmental, health & safety audits, inspections & checks of all sites & premises and to determine ways of reducing risk.
2. To undertake and support the completion and regular review of all risk assessments.
3. To monitor the completion of regular safety checks of premises, tools, equipment & vehicles.
4. To ensure contracts & sub-contractors comply with all health & safety requirements.
Your current experience & qualifications should consist of;
1. Extensive experience of dealing with H&S issues in a working environment and providing high quality professional advice & support to managers & staff.
2. Experience of working within an OHSAS H&S Management System framework.
3. Experience of undertaking H&S audits.
4. A knowledge of OHSAS 18001 requirements.
5. A NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent qualification.
Due to the demands of the role, the post holder must hold a driving license with access and use to their own vehicle. The post holder will be based primarily in Blackburn, Lancashire, with some travel required to other Newground sites (throughout the North of England). Use of car as well as a full driving license is essential for this role.
To download a copy of the full job description and person specification please click here.
To apply for the role send a copy of your CV to email@example.com with REF THG1XX in the subject line.