Sustainable Communities Project Officer
Location : Blackburn
Salary: £22,081 p/annum
Benefits: 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme. Health care package.
Closing Date: 25th July 2018
Interview dates: Week commencing 30th July 2018
Hours: 37 hours p/week
Type: Temporary - December 2019
Newground CIC, a member of the Together Housing Group, is an award winning social enterprise, delivering professional products and services in a competitive marketplace and supporting the creation of sustainable communities. We are currently looking for a Sustainable Communities Project Officer to join our team, working out of Blackburn, covering the local area across East Lancashire. The key duty of the role is to work closely with the project lead and local partners to develop, deliver and monitor environmental interventions to people of all ages across the wider community.
The successful candidate could expect their day to day activities to consist of:
- To support in the development and delivery a range of interventions and personal development activities and community projects within identified neighbourhoods ensuring safe and effective target outputs and outcomes are achieved.
- To work alongside existing projects and initiatives to add value and avoid duplication of services where appropriate.
- To develop positive relationships with key agencies including, job centre’s and other local partners to deliver a multi-disciplinary approach meeting the needs of the local area.
- To actively recruit people into the project, retain their engagement and encourage them to participate in sessions and activities which raise aspirations, challenge them physically and emotionally enabling them to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate would be required to have the following skills / training / experience:
- Experience of working with clients aged 16-65 years
- Experience of developing positive working relationships with a diverse range of individuals
- Experience of dealing with stressful and complex situations
- A good understanding of the link between managing a tenancy, employment and personal development
- Ability to organise personal workload with a minimum of supervision.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will require a full driving license with a vehicle insured for business purposes.
The successful candidate will also be required to undertake a full DBS check. In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes; 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme