Contracts Team Leader
Originally I started working in agriculture and then moved in to horticulture as a gardener for a private estate. I progressed to Head Gardener and also acquired my NVQ3 in Decorative Horticulture. Over the years I've worked in horticultural retail, wholesale and hard and soft landscaping.
What I do at Newground
I joined Newground in 2004 working with the contracts management team to develop our department. I'm responsible for the day to day management of the landscape and fencing teams. This involves ensuring projects are done on schedule and on budget and to the highest standards. I'm also responsible for all the health and safety issues within the teams. To help with this I've acquired:
- CIEH Professional Trainer
- CIEH Level 3 Risk Assessment
- NEBOSH construction health & safety practical application
- NEBOSH managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- NEBOSH management of Health & Safety
- NEBOSH level3 certificate in construction health & safety.
Along with my management duties I also act as a CDMC Construction and Design Management Coordinator, acting on behalf of a client to oversee health and safety on sites and ensuring that any legislation is followed.
In my spare time
I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, going camping, walking, gardening and I 've just started going to the gym.